In the near term, we aspire to:
- Promote development of high-impact research through mentorship and pilot grant support.
- Facilitate innovative and cross-disciplinary research through provision of resources on grant development, study design, statistical support, cognitive evaluations, and other core expertise.
- Develop and support a clinical cohort, with the goal of informing meaningful clinical research.
- Develop future researchers through providing opportunities for student participation in research.
- Build relationships to facilitate collaborative research with established organizations in the DC metro region with interest in brain health and dementia.
To continue to fulfill our mission, we are actively seeking funding for the following key activities:
- A pilot awards program to provide funding for early stage faculty, and faculty looking to transition to brain health and dementia research.
- The development of a clinical research core to collect cases and samples, conduct neurocognitive testing trainings, and maintain research coordinator and statistical staff.
- Fund post-doc and student stipends to develop future researchers
- Supporting the administrative staffing and event needs of the Institute.
- Host events aimed at both GWU and the broader DC community.
Our Research Priorities
Our current research priorities include:
- Prevention of cognitive disorders in older adults
- Improving quality of life and care of those living with cognitive impairment and dementia
- Implications of public health policy on persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Understanding and addressing health disparities in brain health and dementia
Thank you for considering a contribution to brain health. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have other considerations for a contribution.