Current News & Events
Current News and Events: GW Institute for Brain Health and Dementia
- November Monthly Meeting
- November 11, 2022
- This month, we heard from Dr. DiPietro, who reviewed the Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure process for faculty here at GW! She discussed the general timeline, criteria, and elements involved. Congratulations to our members who shared good news about grant updates and awards!
- Careers in Brain Health and Aging: Research, Policy, & Advocacy - Lunch N' Learn Event
- October 26, 12 - 1 pm
- Carolyn Ward, MSPH, from the Georgetown Brain Bank and GUMC Memory Disorders Program discussed her career path, her work in brain health, and answered student questions.
- October Monthly Meeting
- October 14, 2022
- This month, two new faculty members, Dr. Diao and Dr. Freed shared their work and research. Dr. Diao's research interests include semiparametric and robust modeling, missing data problems, multivariate outcome data analysis, diagnostic testing, high-dimensional data analysis, and the application of these methods to ADRD. Dr. Freed's research focuses on the effects of policy and care delivery on the aging experience and access to care for older adults, with a specific focus on Medicare and long term care.
- Walk to End Alzheimer's Event
- October 8, 2022
- The Institute put together a team to participate in the Alzheimer's Association's Walk to End Alzheimer's
- September Monthly Meeting
- September 9, 2022
- This month, prospective member Dr. Marvar gave a presentation on Cardiovascular Behavioral Health and Disease.